The Milam Law Firm offers a range of legal expertise and often takes cases representing the underdog. The team is licensed to practice in federal and state courts in California.
Personal Injury Plaintiffs – Death and Serious Injury
Errors and Omissions, Professional and Medical Malpractice
Breach of Fiduciary Duties
- A six-figure settlement for a client partially blinded by an exploding toy.
- Preserve a client’s ownership rights to early “Saturday Night Live” episodes;
- A malpractice award against a surgeon who mistakenly removed an ovary;
- A major settlement in trial from Nissan for defects leading to a crash that left the driver a quadriplegic;
- Payment for injuries incurred from a motorcycle accident caused by shoddy freeway lane construction;
- A confidential eight-figure settlement for the wrongful death of a high-profile personality.
- Six-figure settlement on behalf of a child who was attacked and disfigured by a dog.
- …lawyers refer to Jeff in the courtroom as ‘scary smart’.“Jeff Milam’s brilliance takes you by surprise. He is a beautiful speaker, with a great ability to connect with people. He is very skilled at analyzing situations and explaining to clients all of their options. It would be a serious mistake...”.
- …one of the greats.“As a trial lawyer for 27 years with national experience, I recognize good and great trial lawyers. Good trial lawyers demonstrate competence, thoroughness and sustained focus, but the great trial lawyers also bring a deep concern and connection with their clients...”.
- I know of no better in the courtroom…“As a commercial claims supervisor and a director of risk management for two major manufacturing companies, I’ve had the pleasure of working with Jeff Milam for over 30 years. I have heavily relied on his legal skills to protect the companies under my charge...”.
- Jeff has an uncanny ability to understand the business needs and goals of his clients…“As a communications professional with more than 30 years of experience, I am trained to deal with the court of public opinion. However, when my company needed to retain a seasoned professional to represent it in the court of law, we went directly to Jeff Milam...”.
- …I would turn to them first for any legal problem.“Jeff Milam represented me for life changing injuries that I suffered in a motorcycle accident. Through it all, it was clear that he and his firm truly cared about me, my wife, my family, the effects the injuries had on us, and our concerns in going through a difficult law suit...”.
- …our go-to attorney for the bad cases.“While I was a claims supervisor for the Ohio Casualty Group of Insurance Companies in Southern California, Jeff Milam was our go-to attorney for the bad cases. He relates easily to juries in an intelligent, well-spoken and common-sense manner. With his level-headed approach...”.
- …[He] made me feel that my case was important and was being handled with utmost care and professionalism.“While riding my motorcycle to work in the early morning hours on the Pomona Freeway, a hidden but preventable defect in the roadway from ongoing construction caused loss of traction of my motorcycle tires resulting in a severe crash...”.